Sunday, December 22, 2013

Petals

I'm a sad, sad thirty-year old.

My so-called unofficially appointed book agent is reading my blog, sort of like, a test run. So, this post here is like more work, or... a "heyy, surprise!"

Ha ha ha ha.

I'm a sad, sad thirty year old who have been wasting my weekends away committing to house chores and laundry. I could have gone to my investment classes or go out with my girlfriends but currently I'm yearning for kisses -- not a make out session (not yet, unless, well, you know, if. you. can. take. it. to. the. next. level) -- from a guy that I am emotionally interested with. Currently there's none that I am emotionally interested in -- but I looove kisses!

Maybe I can opened a small florist stall. Not a serious, registered, licensed business kind of florist stall. Maybe I just set up a make up booth like those Charlie Brown selling lemonades -- or was it Linus? Oh, okay, like Lucy's clinic booth. And I set it up at, say, busy LRT stations or anywhere nearby SOGO in KL. Surely they can't missed a pretty girl selling flowers for nuts. They will think I'm crazy, yup. Or easy crime target.

I can get cheap flowers from Petaling Street and mark it up just a mere few percent. Not costing in time, fuel and transportation for the exchange of human interaction. Real-life communication, experiences and a good practice of sort.

I'm not a very smiley person. On weekends when I sort of have a routine outfit running errands -- stripey grey long sleeve top and blue jeans -- and I don't want to put on mascara or filling up the blanks in my eyebrows, my greatest asset is my smile. I. Must. Smile. Learn to make it a habit.

And from there, a smile and pretty flowers, I will be able to strike conversations with strangers. As long as I am talking to someone. The people I know in my contact list seemed pretty busy and they have no time for small talks and all angst and frustrations have been vented on social feeds, anyway. Nothing else about being there, done that to share.

And from that small booth selling flowers for nuts, I will meet a lot more people than the existing types I have made acquaintances with. Talk to the elders, children, immigrants who have the hard lives. Maybe get to know some policemen and policewomen -- and then they will be asking for my business license, ack! Chat with the tourists, the expats and the outsourced Indian geeks.

I think that's one of the best soul foods. I have seen how others my age or younger or the older ones who keep going, do their part being volunteers, set up their own business selling clothes or books and getting closer to Almighty. They have goals and are very inspiring.

As for me, I just have a crazy idea. Things are going to be hard. I just want to get through it. And not very much about leaving my comfort zone just yet to start with.

No comments: