Saturday, April 12, 2014

The Sheltered Life

"Can we please change the subject? I had a long week!"
-- "Everyone had a long week."

I can't keep myself from continuously debating with him. Mum will not approved this as she feels that I should be docile with a man, keep my thoughts to myself and never be intimidating. Don't be forceful.

I am, one of the most impatient person when it hits me wrong. I can be that forceful. And I can talk back just as much. But at times, I have seen others worse than me, never want to back out from a point that I contradicted and because of that, I hardly wasted my time talking back. I let them talk all they want.

And boy was he a talker. He can talk all night. Until he fell asleep watching his favourite show. And then he wakes up the next morning not getting Explosions in the Sky, making fun endlessly of the college I graduated from and rolled his eyes when some people are not aware of some obvious facts that he faced every day.

These boys, they have facts. They have very decent paper qualifications. Very sociable, civil, delightful and pleasant in the eye. Extra pleasant, if you must. Please don't see yourself in their future.

Yet, I am so drawn to them. And I like talking to them. I like to hear and know those facts. I like to know it from their own point of view, although I may have already read it somewhere or watched it from a tv documentary. I like to hear their stories, their experiences. And I let them pay for everything.

And boy, can he talk all night. He really likes listening to his own voice. And the only times he likes listening to yours is when you moan and scream. You're only in their present.

No comments: